After submursing ourselves in a truly Spanish cultural experience at La Tomatina, we decided it was time for a little bit of fun… as if having a food fight of only tomatoes in the streets isn’t fun (but that’s besides the point!). We took the ferry from the port of Valencia to the port of San Antonio on the island of Ibiza. We had a fairly uneventful three and a half hour ferry, which was, however, succeeded by the craziest 48 hours of my entire life.
Fortunately for you, the weekend in Ibiza can be summed up in a few shorts lines. So, in no particular order, this is how it went:
- Beautiful beaches
- Waking up at 10:50am realizing we have to check out at 11
- Seeing Chuckie and Avicii DJ from 2am – 6am at Pacha Ibiza, arguably the greatest club in the world
- Celebrating Trent’s twenty first birthday at Privledge, which claims to be the largest club in the world based on area
- Chocolate almond croissants and freshly squeezed kiwi juice at The Croissant Show
- An hour long search for kebabs, which were then found merely a four minute walk from the beach
- Pretending I can afford 16 euro mojitos (oops)
- EasyJet hour long flight home turns into two hours after sitting on the runway for an hour (of course, I slept through this part)
- Photoshoots on balconies
- Accidently nearly stumbling into the ghetto of Ibiza
And that is really about it… all jammed into a short 48 hours on the party island of the world!! So far, coming to Spain was by far the best decision I ever made in my entire life.